Anyone put a web camera on a machine?

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a task to put a web camera on a machine in our demonstartion room. Has anyone done this before? Could you recommend or not-recommend any specific hardware?

Thanks

These guys have some cool looking stuff. I have never actually used any of there products but saw them on television. You can access them remotely relatively easy and see what is going on.

Norm

I have used the network cameras made by AXIS (Glavertys link), I had one of these connected to a radio LAN, as an experiment into their usefulness when mounted on one of our automated gantry cranes. they are easy to set up and use and relatively cheap, when compared to a CCTV camera.

Paul

I just finished putting in an ether camera from Industrial Video and Control. I think that they get the cameras from Axis and put them in outdoor enclosures. The video feed comes in to a screen an my SCADA system using an ActiveX component. Their server software is pretty good and the support was good.

smiller