APS to Logix 500 Conversion

arpus4KM

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone Capable of converting ACH files made with APS to an RSS?

Whenever I try to open it I get errors, and I don't have anything with windows old enough to even try to install that old software. it will open.... looking imcomplete (the file contains B3 files that run up to the 100s, and the RSS file has nothing of the sort in it after opening from errors. no documentation either, but the documation exists on DSC and DBK files)

Looking for workaround so i don't have to try to do excel conversions for over a thousand lines of data.

I can send the file to anyone who may need it if needed.

Thanks

Anyone Capable of converting ACH files made with APS to an RSS?

Whenever I try to open it I get errors, and I don't have anything with windows old enough to even try to install that old software. it will open.... looking imcomplete (the file contains B3 files that run up to the 100s, and the RSS file has nothing of the sort in it after opening from errors. no documentation either, but the documation exists on DSC and DBK files)

Looking for workaround so i don't have to try to do excel conversions for over a thousand lines of data.

I can send the file to anyone who may need it if needed.

Thanks

I'll give it a shot if you want to send via PM

OG

Ill give it a shot. I have ICOM and IPDS software running on a Windows 3.11 virtual machine.

Thanks much Jax, but Opera already got me yesterday. I should have updated the thread. I do appreciate it though.

I was able to get downloads through rockwell for the old DOS software as well. IPDS and IPDS6200, was able to run the AP.exe software and get most of the way there, but then BAM. No license installed.... apparently they didn't think to link their DOS software to factorytalk activation!!!!! what gives! :eek:

if anyone is wondering. DOSbox runs on windows 10 and had no issue running any of the old software. I don't know about communications to download/upload or go online though, none of that was tested.

I know we have a lot of old software laying around, hopefully i can find some keys because I doubt this is the last system still running plc2/5/6200 made programs.

Thanks much Jax, but Opera already got me yesterday. I should have updated the thread. I do appreciate it though.

I was able to get downloads through rockwell for the old DOS software as well. IPDS and IPDS6200, was able to run the AP.exe software and get most of the way there, but then BAM. No license installed.... apparently they didn't think to link their DOS software to factorytalk activation!!!!! what gives! :eek:

if anyone is wondering. DOSbox runs on windows 10 and had no issue running any of the old software. I don't know about communications to download/upload or go online though, none of that was tested.

I know we have a lot of old software laying around, hopefully i can find some keys because I doubt this is the last system still running plc2/5/6200 made programs.

Doh, I don't even know if the old software had any kind of keying, considering everything was floppy and just traded back and forth (I was only 9 when Internet Relay Chat (IRC) was a thing).

I literally misclicked the wrong key in a prompt and got 'This key is not Active', and interpreted as an actual Key license issue... 1994 vs 2022.. wow

I know this is an older thread, but if there's anyone who can convert my old ACH project into an RSS I would greatly appreciate it. Or tell me a software that will run on Windows 10 to do it. Thanks in advance...