Are Step 7 Hardware diagnostic addresses unique?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there

I've got a module in a project that has started 'faulting' (i.e. the Diagnostic buffer is full of errors from the module and OB82 is being called every time the module faults). The module errors are very short (a few seconds) and then the module reports "module ok" in the diagnostic buffer.

It seems like a spurious issue and I was going to change the module for a spare to see if it cleared. However, looking through the hardware config I noticed that there is also an Ethernet Lean card that is using the same diagnostic addresses as this module (1020 -> 1022 inc).

The hardware for this machine hasn't changed in years and this fault has only started occurring in the last few months so I don't think this is the problem but just wondered if anyone knew whether the diagnostic addresses need to be unique and whether its worth changing them?

Cheers :)

Here's one address for the Lean card...

attachment.php

And here's the other unit...

attachment.php

Looking at this again I'm wondering if that "Port" bit for the diagnostic address is a different thing?

lean.jpg address.jpg

The diagnostic addresses for the CP343 are the addresses on its Profinet system. They are not the same IO network as the Profinet port of the CPU and hence they can be the same address and do not clash.