Array issues in Crimson 3.1

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2D Array in my 1769-L30 PLC. The array is sized 32x20. I am currently trying to map some HMI tags to some of the array data and when I select the array I can only have access to 31x12 elements of the array. Any idea why that is? How do I get to the other elements of this array?
Thanks for the help.

Crimson31 Snip.JPG

If you go to the right side of the screen to the Resource Pane, click on the array top tag, on mine that is Users. A small button shows just next to the magnifying glass that lets you expand the array. I am hoping it works the same for a 2D array.

Credit Joe Wazoo on Youtube.

Array Expand.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. My issue was that I couldn't even select a address above 31,12 so I couldn't use the items in the array that were above 31 or 12.

I sent a email to Red Lion support and all they said was that they don't support 2D arrays. That obviously not 100% true as it let me work with them up to 31,12. So I am not sure what the limiting factor is is or why they limit a 2D array to 31x12.

I just ended up creating several 1D arrays to store the data. That way I can put it on the HMI without too much hassle. I love Red Lion HMI's but wish they would add 2 & 3D array to their offering. It would make it almost perfect.

It would make it almost perfect.
Now lets not go too far, there is still plenty of other stuff that drives me nuts!!

I had considered using 2D string arrays in my search for the perfect Recipe system, I am glad I changed option.