Array Tags

I use them to organize data as well. But you can do that (depending on the PLC) with structures or UDTs also.

Sometimes repetitive logic can be broken down to a few lines of code when you create the functionality once and feed it with data that is organized in an array. You could create a loop that increments an index and execute the same functionality with different data, adressed indirectly with that index.

There are many tasks that can be simplified using arrays, the first application that we were given in a PLC class was to create a program that would write a measurement from an analog input into an array acting as a FIFO buffer. You can expand that program more, you could search for the min/max value, calculate the average over x samples and so on.

Similar Topics

I'm using the latest Rockwell CCW to program a Micro 850 and Panelview PV800 - 2711R HMI. I'm having difficulties getting the Panelview HMI tags...
Replies
Views
I was unable to find an answer while searching, so I decided to start a new thread. I'm in the process of creating produced and consumed tags...
Replies
Views
Hello, Everybody! The plant I'm currently working at was programmed without any bypass capability in the RSLogix 5000, or the Wonderware HMI...
Replies
Views
I am setting up a program for a G315 that will interface with an A-B CompactLogix processor. I have imported the necessary native tags from my...
Replies
Views
Just sharing an experience with a weird one that had 3 EE's scratching our heads for a bit... A PLC5 program was converted to CLX, version 20 in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom