AS-i device configurator

Is it the one that looks like a DMM with display at top and a rotary switch in the middle and a M12 socket at the bottom, the 3RK1904-2AB01 ?

It looks like I can plug in a single device, program (set up) it's address, look at its state, not needing an external power supply.

Yes, that's a good one.

You can do everything that you stated with it. You can connect up to a slave without it being powered up and change the node address and view the configuration.

If the node is on an active network, you can view its status, ....

I found the Siemens one to be garbage, threw mine in the bin and bought a Gossen Metratest 36A. Not sure mine is still a current model. I had trouble with the siemens unit that it wouldnt power some of the nodes i was commissioning however the gossen unit worked a treat, also has software (WinProfi) to save the commisioning data for the network etc etc

Heres the spec sheet for the 36A which i also found far superior and easier to use than the Siemens one, there was a bit of a difference in price though !!

Last edited:
We did a few ASI bus systems. You do get a hand held ASI configurator. Never been tested, to my knowledge, so I would not trust it. Why ASI bus, not very integratable with major role players.

ASI bus is not a Siemens product. It is a a 3rd party involvement. Unless fully integrated by the OEM. Any one of the current OEM's.