ASCII Application

dennis8437

I am working on an application that will communicate two values via the serial port (CH0)of a PLC-5/40. These values are HEX and arrive in ASCII strings. I was successful in extracting the desired 4 digit HEX strings but now I need to derive the actual value (integer) from these representation.

Thank you for your consideration

dennis8437

Dennis, there is a String to Integer Function I beleive in RSlogix5.
It is ACI in SLC series logic. I don't have the software handy, but you would extract your STring information to a location, then perform the ACI from that point.

Hope that this helps.

Thank you for your attention SNK, however the ACI will work only if the data in the ASCII string represents decimal data. It seems that the function does't like those funny abc's in the hex data.