Automation Direct Input Cards

Hi All
Anyone have an easy program to test inputs on an Automation Direct input card?
Another tech at work is pulling these cards out of several of our systems claiming they are "bad"
I have a spare PLC set up with output cards and LED indicator lights but am looking for an easy and reliable program to test the inputs
Thanks in advance for any help
Mike

Why not wire an output to a relay. Take a contact from the relay and wire to an input. Setup a program to generate a Pulse that will turn the Output On/Off. Two counters , one to count times Output is turned On and one to count Input on's. If the counts vary over time the input is bad

To test an input module, you should be able to just apply the correct input voltage to each point and look at the indicator lights...this proves everything except backplane comms to the CPU, but teach the floor tech to do that before pulling the card.

On the bench, I would do the same thing while monitoring the input data with PC software and confirm the changes of states but I doubt that requires anything more than a dummy program or whatever set up is required to ensure the PLC is scanning the inputs. This proves both the input circuit and backplane comms of the card.

Do what Dua said to test the outputs. Apply a realistic relay load to each of them and run through a bit shift or counter to turn on each output, while measuring the switching latency and counting pulses. Relay outputs can get sticky and you will see variability in the timing. Solid state outputs work or they don't...at least I can't recall ever seeing one become intermittent.