Autonomously saving Tags in a .csv file or table

Hi all,
I need to save tag info for time, date, and a few product specifications every time an operator hits a crash button. We are attempting to determine with what specification the majority of our crashes occur and with whom running the machine.

We are running RSLogix500 V20.01.00 with the HMI running FactoryTalk View site edition and a Logix5572 PLC.

I've done quite a bit of research and it seems Rockwell wants us to buy their ME Historian software but I feel there must be some simple way to store tags and save them later into a table format(or continuously add onto a table). Do any of you have any experience with this?

Respectfully,

Lowtiercomputer

add the ActiveX object MEDataStore Plus to the HMI. You will find it under Objects>ActiveX Control.

Sure, you say you are running FTView SE correct?

I would investigate the use of the datalog function inside SE.

You could use either an 'onchange' datalog model to save events on change, or if your 'crash' button is on the SCADA, have that button also issue a DataLogSnapshot command.

A Red Lion Datastation Plus can handle this very nicely.
My company is not interested in buying any more hardware or software unfortunately.

add the ActiveX object MEDataStore Plus to the HMI. You will find it under Objects>ActiveX Control.
When I click Objects>ActiveX Control it just holds ActiveX as text next to my cursor. When I then click on the intended pushbutton, nothing happens. After some googling, I've found that many people advise installing activeX functions from the .ocx files in FactoryTalk View folders, but when I attempt to do so, Windows tells me that the files cannot be opened in 32bit mode.

I would investigate the use of the datalog function inside SE.

You could use either an 'onchange' datalog model to save events on change, or if your 'crash' button is on the SCADA, have that button also issue a DataLogSnapshot command.
I have attempted to use the datalog function in an onchange state. It simply never picked up someone (me) hitting the specified pushbutton.
How do you issue a DataLogSnapshot?

Check out Advancedhmi. It's free. You can do CSV, SQL, pretty much anything you want. I would use advancedhmi for the drivers, then use MySQL if you want DB, or you can do CSV as well. I think DB is the way to go though.

I have attempted to use the datalog function in an onchange state. It simply never picked up someone (me) hitting the specified pushbutton.
How do you issue a DataLogSnapshot?

So, I have a startup macro that calls my Datalog like so
Code:
DataLogOn datalogNamegoeshere

Then, inside my application I have configured the datalog model for an on demand trigger.

Then, I have a button on my screen and I set the action to
Code:
DataLogSnapshot datalogNamegoeshere

Hi lowtiercomputer.

Depending on how many tags you are wanting to log and the complexity of those tags you might want to look into logging data to the SD card on the CPU module. Using the HMI as Dravik suggests will probably suit you better but the SD card is an option all the same.

Cheers