Averaging in GX Developer to reduce spikes

Densam

Hi ;Configure A1s64AD card in slot 3 is as attached. This is averaging count. my signals are coming in at channel 3 and 4. There are spiking so i wanted to smooth out. Looked at the code now i want to adjust i am not sure how to go about this. Any help will be great. I have checked the wiring and grounding. Changed the damping in the transmitters. See attachedGX developer A Series.jpg

Flow tx.jpg

Read.jpg

trends.jpg:mad::mad::mad:

Fixing the problem in software should be a last resort.

I would find the source of the spikes. Do this using the divide and conquer technique. For instance I would get a scope and measure the noise at the sensor first after disconnecting the down stream wiring. This way I would know if the noise is coming from the sensor. Then with the sensor still disconnected I would put a resistor equivalent to the output impedance of the sensor across the wires and see if noise is being induced on the wire going back to the PLC.