Awesome Tool!

Thank you very much... these are made by a member here and they should be very proud of them, they work great and are priced very reasonably for what you get and what you can do with them

I have one of them but the older version with the swithes. I then bought the Fluke 773 which is en excellent tool. However it never replaced my old loop simulator which is very well made and quik to use. I would highly recommend it.

Like the price!

I got a Fluke 773 which is 10 times that price! 11 times to be honest. Also got the Fluke 771 which still runs at about $500 and does not offer anything else than current measurement.

Excellent tool and very good price.
I wish it also read mA...
Yeah, something similar but that reads current sells for around $500.

The great thing about Fluke 773 is the milliamp clamp. It reduced our commissioning time of analog signals by 50%. It is also good because in some cases plant operators dont allow to break a 4-20mA loop, so the clamp is a must.

I built my own, with a 5K pot, a 24VDC switching AC adapter, 2 banana jacks & a 0-25mA meter from All Electric - total cost about $35.00.

Then I added a couple power diodes - one to isolate the pot from the meter so I could use it as a meter & not a supply when wanted, then another diode & rechargeable batteries to use it without being tethered to a power outlet.

Then I made another one for 0-10 volts, same price range.

Dear Aabeck

Most of our clients would not accept us working without certified equipment. Therefore a DIY solution like that would not be good.
I think that certification is a significant part of the cost of an instrument say from Fluke.

I love my fluke 772! and yes I have calibration reports or my.gear so when I calibrate their stuff I can prove upon request the validity

I love my fluke 772! and yes I have calibration reports or my.gear so when I calibrate their stuff I can prove upon request the validity

I sell 772's also, but when you compare the function to the cost, 100.00 to 600.00 for a general troubleshooting tool its hard to beat them

I worked (use to) on a lot of 4-20 pneumatic actuator valves, the machines were 8 stories tall, so when calibrating/troubleshooting them it was nice to just pull this out of my bag and send a signal to valve (local), before this I had to have someone run it up and down on the controller, for a 100 bucks its saved more then that in the first few hours I had it

before this I had to have someone run it up and down on the controller

This is my situation. When you work an off-shift trying to get machines or systems back online, lots of luck finding that someone that will run the machine from the controller. 90% of what I do is build integration systems, these things (I use both the one with the switches and the newer one with display) never sit a day, without being used at least once. What I like about the newer one is simulating varying analog signal, also being able to change the resolution. The mere $100 I paid for it, paid for itself the first day. Reading a mV signal is what I want the control system I am building, to do. I use a certified multi-meter to read the output, at the beginning of each day and it is spot-on! For $100? This thing could easily sell for more, and be well worth it. Just my humble opinion.

This thing could easily sell for more, and be well worth it. Just my humble opinion.

Thats one of the good things about a small businesses, I dont try or need to get rich and neither does the manufacture (just pay our bills), he does this part time and the quality of work unreal

He also makes printed circuit boards, some of the ones in my cables are made by him.. he has great prices so if anyone needs something made he's local and has a very fast turn around along with the engineering side