Banner wireless and micrologix 1100

bisk

Hello, can someone please shed some light on this for me? I am trying to enable an output through a node that is connected to a banner surecross gateway going into a micrologix 1100 controller. I am still in the learning process so please bear with me. From my understanding the gateway connects into the plc directly into the ethernet port with the supplied cable that came with the surecross gateway. Is this correct? Next, my programming knowledge is limited....I am not sure how I would enable one of the outputs on my first node. Which instruction would i use and what would I need to configure in order to have node 1 turn on a pilot light that is connected to it. I have read over many documents and still cannot figure this out...please any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank u :)

thank you for the responce. The exact part number I have at work unfortunately and i will not be there untill tomorrow morning. However I know that is a DX80 gateway and node.

oh and by the way I was able to access the gateway with ip adress of 192.168.0.1 by going directly from my laptop to gatewaywith supplied cable but not too sure what configurations i need to make, thanks again for your help.

All the DX80s I've used have a node and gateway was you describe, but you hardwire the signals to the Inputs and Outputs of the PLC. I know there are some networked ones I haven't seen one that connects to the Ethernet port. I looked at their catalog but don't see it. Post that catalog number when you get it

ok, I will get the exact part number tomorrow. Isn't the gateway the only device attached to the plc through the ethernet. ( well ethernet on plc end and looks like a proxy cable type connection on the gateway end) I know that I hardwire the pilot light to one of he outputs on the node but how would I enable this output, which instruction would I use, for example if I push a pushbutton that is connected to the input of the node i would like to turn on pl that is connected to output on same or different node. Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated :)

the part number of the gateway is dx80p9t6s, and for the node it is dx80n9x6s4p8. I have my eazy light connected to D01 and D02. Now how would I enable these outputs?? thank you :)

does anyone know how and with what instruction (msg) i would be able to enable D01 with micrologix 1100 connected to surecross gateway through ethernet ip to node1..please any help would be great :)

Fella's,

You must have the GatewayPRO that supports eithor ModbusTCP or Ethernet/IP. By default the Gateway will come set up for ModbusTCP. You will need to go into the website for that unit simply by opening Internet Explore and use that IP address. Then go to where Comms page is to change the settings from ModbusTCP to Ethernet IP. You could call Banner as their tech support will do help as well.

I have to go teach an HMI class or I would write more.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo