Banner wireless IO

It looks like configuration should be...

Input assembly 110 size 114
Output assembly 112 size 114
Configuration assembly 1 size 1

***Your RPI needs to be higher than 150, this is on the Connection tab of the module***

First a quick answer to bikerdude, I have tried messaging the items with a devicewho request but that does not work either.

Hi TW.
Thanks for the help. I have attached a cut down copy of the program (all logic removed, due to program is not mine). The file is not zipped, just change the extension to .ACD
I am interested where you got the assembly size of 114 as the manual states 228 at 16 bit words. I had previously tried 32 bit words and 114 for the size. Didnt work.

Also the configuration, the manual states 128, 0. I wont post a screen shot of this part of the manual but it is on one of the last pages of the 132114 doc that was hyperlinked in an earlier post.

I cant tell you the exact error code on the generic module as I am not connected to it at present. Tomorrow I will be when they pull it out and drop it back to our workshop.
However the generic module attempts to connect then indicates the request times out and shows fault. The connection is re-attempted and the cycle continues.
Thanks again.
Alan Case

Where's the attachment?

You are right, somehow I thought I read it was working with 32 bit numbers. So the configuration assemblies and sizes should be as they are on page 32 of the 11132114 doc

Input assembly 110 size 228
Output assembly 112 size 228
Configuration assembly 128 size 0

BUT, the RPI suggested on page 32 of 100ms does not heed their warning on page 12 that the minimum RPI should be 150. Can you check what you had your RPI set at?

I'm not sure you can do a size 0 on the configuration either...

I'm still not sure about that configuration size. I haven't been able to find anything that says you can or can't. What I was thinking about the Standard Panelview which doesn't use the configuration assembly. See technote 21888.
Configuration Instance: The Panelview does not support the configuration instance, but we must supply a value of "1"for the Generic Profile.

Configuration Size:
The Panelview does not support the configuration instance, but we must supply a value of "1"for the Generic Profile.

Alan,

I have sent your info on to the guys at Banner Engineering in Minneapolis, MN because I personally have not worked with the Ethernet/IP implementation. I have done the ModbusTCP GatewayPro but not the Ethernet/IP comms.

Del Jenson with Banner's Application team would like to get in contact with you to help. Below is his info. If you would please send him your phone number via e-mail Del should be able to give you a hand.

Del Jensen
Sr. Applications Engineer
Wireless Products
Banner Engineering
9714 10th Ave. N.
Plymouth, MN 55441
Direct: 763-595-3787
Phone: 800-450-8903
Fax:763-417-7458
[email protected]

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

I am waiting for the factory to drop the unit into me so I can bench test it. I will post the error codes.
Regards Alan Case

Hi.
The error message in the generic module is
"16#0204 Connection Request Error
Connection request timed out"

I now have the unit plugged in on our test bench.
I can sometimes connect to it with the web page interface.
When it won't connect, I can ping it, Look@Lan can see it, but it just refuses to bring up its web page.
Sometimes when you are on line with it, it can lose the connection.

Joe, I am about to email Del. Do you know if anyone else is using these on a compactlogix and how much trouble did they have connecting?

I attached a pic of what "Look@Lan" sees. It is not zipped, just change the extension to .jpg

Regards Alan Case

Last edited:
Open up your command prompt and do the following. While it is not going to let you in, it should respond saying rejected or something if the port is open

telnet 192.168.210.208 2222
telnet 192.168.210.208 44818

Also, the Proof Scan program you have. Can you add ports for it to scan to see if they are active? Put 2222 and 44818 in it and see if it shows them active.

What do you have your subnet masks at?

Alan,

The only place I have in my backyard that has used these on Ethernet/IP has been the car plant in San Antonio. They switched the protocol from ModbusTCP to Ethernet/IP and then it worked. I have a ControlLogix PLC that I use for my demos with TURCK's Ethernet/IP products. Maybe today I will see if I can get the wireless GatewayPro to talk to it as well. I think that your GatewayPro is having some firmware issues. Do you have only one of those? Do you know if your local distributor may have an extra one that you could borrow to try another unit?

You really shouldn't have to mess with any of those other settings in the Webcon other than to change the Protocol to Ethernet/IP and switch the IP address to what you want. The Gateway should then automatically start to pick up the node's data and start transferring that to/from the Ethernet/IP network. I was going to open the example of RS_5000 code on Banner's website to look at it but it appears that my version of RS5000 is V15.01 and they have written that example in a newer edition. Here is where those examples are located:

Banner Example Code

Joe_WaZoo

Hi. I had no luck with port 2222 or 44818. I attached a pic of the 44818 result. The 2222 result is the same. My subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
I can't see a way to get the scanning program to add a port.
Any recomendations for a differebt scanning/verification program.

Joe. The link you gave is to a Banner site that I don't have access. I have most of the sample programs of how to add the gateway to a compactlogix and i am sure that part is correct.

Regards Alan Case

44818.jpg

Alan,

I spent some time this evening working with my GatewayPro to capture the screen shot of what you would have to do it to change the comms from ModbusTCP to Ethernet IP. Here is a screen shot of that step and the tabs where you would find this selection.

Joe_WaZoo

EthernetIP.jpg

Hi Joe.
Thanks for your time. I have done everything as shown on the above screen. I also have some banner videos showing how to do this. We (Del and I)have come to the conclusion that the firmware in the unit I have is knackered.
Regards Alan Case