Barber Coleman Maco 8000

splicer480

Would there happen to be anyone that has worked with these old Barber Coleman units that knows how to transfer data from an old laptop (with true DB9 serial port) to a memory cartridge through an insta-set module and CRT screen only?
I have the transfer software, comms cable, and RS-232 serial cartridge, as well as a RLD, Screen, and message file. I have put the files into their own C: directory and have run in pure DOS on my windows 95 machine as well as used DosBox on my windows 7 machine and have had "ZERO" luck getting the files to go to cartridge through the inst-set.
Just curious to see if anyone out there has been successful with this either now or many eons ago.
Thanks

Similar Topics

Hi hello. I’ve invested tons of time and money into retrofitting an old blowmolding machine to run plastic fuel tanks/Jerry cans. My machine is a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Has anyone here ever attempted to integrate Allen-Bradley PLCs into an existing Barber Colman BAS system? Looking for help on how to...
Replies
Views
I am trying to upload RLD program to maco8000 when i execute transfer file then UNABLE TO OPEN TIME SLOT FILE msg displayed in computer.can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hey I'm new on this site, I write to you guys because I want to replace a PLC MACO IIIB(for a new one other brand) but it seems to be an old one...
Replies
Views
Question Is there a simple way to backup the program and screen cartridge . I want to extract the contents for backup and have the ability to put...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom