Barcode scanner question

Would you still have some sample code for the basic module to the slc I would be interested in seeing it. Thanks

What code do you want? Do you want the basic code that resides in the basic module or do you want code in the SLC that reads the basic module?

I was asked to make a demo, to read and totalize barcodes, for products merging into a conveyor for final packaging. We used an ascii/ethernet barcode scanners, into a red lion data station plus. Then we only had to update the register numbers in the SLC. Production data was then to be shown on a plant marquee. It was very easy.

We didn't get the project, as the plant was shut down (bought out and downsized); but I never liked handling strings in a SLC PLC. Perhaps because I haven't done much.

....... but I never liked handling strings in a SLC PLC. Perhaps because I haven't done much.

A trick I used to do for handling strings is to just convert them to a integer (with the copy command) and then handle the data that way.

On my previous systems, I would track 10-15 products with barcodes and data down conveyor lines and through machines. It was just a simple moving of data from one N register block to another.

I know it's long time ago but could you please show me the code @brucechase ?
On the one hand the code on the basic module and on the other the code on the slc.

you need to send an email address I can't attach any files to this site (all to big) I can send you the PLC code for prosoft but, I believe you can go to their web site and download sample code for free. I also have a pretty good manual for prosoft.