battery test failed pv1400e

rowens

I have an old PV1400E touch screen that had never been programmed and has been in storage. It is left over from a previous project. I was going to use it for a basic conveyor system for some visual in formation in graphic form since it was already here. When it powered up it says battery test failed. I contacted my local distributor and they tell me that the unit has to be sent into the factory to have the battery changed.Their reply came with the message "no user servicable parts". Is this correct? I hate to think it has to be sent in just to change a battery. Is this an AB thing to make more money?

I have an old PV1400E touch screen that had never been programmed and has been in storage. It is left over from a previous project. I was going to use it for a basic conveyor system for some visual in formation in graphic form since it was already here. When it powered up it says battery test failed. I contacted my local distributor and they tell me that the unit has to be sent into the factory to have the battery changed.Their reply came with the message "no user servicable parts". Is this correct? I hate to think it has to be sent in just to change a battery. Is this an AB thing to make more money?

The battery is soldered onto the board, it can be done yourself.

PV 1400e RAM Battery replacement

Any body know where that lithium battery is located inside the PV? I need to replace it.

1400e

Any body know where that lithium battery is located inside the PV? I need to replace it.

The battery is located on the motherboard.
The motherboard is is on a tray.
You remove 2 philips screws, drop the tray, remove the motherboard, un-solder the old battery, re-solder the new battery, done.