BCD to Hex (I think?)

abishur

I'm working on updating a waste water plant to modern processors except on vendor supplied systems. On of the vendor systems uses old Direct Logics 250-1 PLCs. I'm using a Red Lion Data Station Plus LE to connect to them and communication is working with no issues.

The problem, as I understand it, is the DL250-1 has scaled its values to BCD for some reason. If I absolutely have to, I can use the red lion to transfer the value from the 250-1 to a ControlLogixs and then use the FRD instruction to convert it from BCD to an Integer.

However, I would prefer to convert it in the Redlion instead of relying on a secondary PLC to do the math for me.

In the end I will be using Kepware to poll the data from the Redlion and FactoryTalk SE to view the system so I'm also open to using one of those to handle the conversions if need be.

The redlion could not do it in the end, but it turns out that Kepware has a Hex option which gives me the correct value.

So I used on of my TCP/IP protocols in the Redlion to have it act as a Modbus TCP/IP slave and move the values from my DL250-1 into those addresses for kepware to pick up.

Thanks!