how come BCD Decrement for #20hex become &25 in decimal?

kartika

i'm newbie in PLC, would u like to help me, plese..
i'm using an instruction MOV, for moving Hexadecimal data #0020 which is &32 in decimal,to memory D100, after that i'm decrementing(BCD decrement) the value of the memory D100,i'm confuse how come the result is &25(decimal)?
thank you for the attention :)

1.JPG

Decrementing BCD 20 results in BCD 19. If you convert from HEX 19 to decimal it becomes 25. Lesson: never mix your formatting unless you're absolutely certain what will be the outcome.

Kind regards,

thanks jean, its so help full
i understand, so if i got #30(hexadecimal) the result is #29 hex which is same with 41 in decimal, is it right?
#29 = 0010 1001
thank you very much

Similar Topics

hi... i have an issue in s7 300 plc, while we run the machine(in idle there is no fault) , plc cpu goes in SF mode, after restart the power cycle...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m doing a PV 1400e to PVP 7 migration and I don’t know how to convert the old 8digit BCD type from PB1400e into something that will work on...
Replies
Views
I'm working on converting an old PanelBuilder 1200 HMI application into FactoryTalk View ME. The PLC was an old SLC 5/02 with a scanner card for...
Replies
Views
I have a Cmore screen which is communicating to the DL06 in BCD and need to create a timer that works in real numbers for a test, I simply need to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am stumped on how to tackle this issue. I am working on an Energy project on a solar / wind farm and I am trying to read in some data...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom