Beckhoff EK9000

gabe_0720

Does anyone know if it's possible to trigger an output with the Beckhoff EK9000 and an output card via the coupler's web interface without having a CPU or controller?

I'm new to Beckhoff controllers, any help is greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if it's possible to trigger an output with the Beckhoff EK9000 and an output card via the coupler's web interface without having a CPU or controller?

I'm new to Beckhoff controllers, any help is greatly appreciated.

No, not possible. You're going to require a CPU and the TwinCAT runtime installed on that CPU module/IPC/CX. The web interface for the EK9000, although I've not used one, appears to be only for configuring the bus coupler.

The EK9000 is a ModbusTCP bus coupler. So you should be able to "talk" to it with a modbus master system. THis could be PLC, PC, etc. I would think that you should be able to use modpoll on your PC to read/write from/to this coupler.