Beckhoff KS2000

Karl_Tanner

Hello,

I'm trying to connect and configure a BK7120 CC-Link coupler module with the Beckhoff KS2000 and in V3 get nowhere and V4 keeps crashing! Laptop freezes and can only get it going again by restarting system (Using the USB to FTDI lead). I'll use the RS232 d-plug to FTDI later and see if I get anywhere with that.

I can't find any documentation for the software, so I'm going in blind... Anybody used this software before?

The BK7150 is connected to an existing Mitsubishi Q PLC via CC-Link

Thanks

Karl

Karl,

I only used the usb-lead a few times but what I remember using Twincat 2 is that you can only communicate via one port. Meaning one program (Twincat 2 - PLC Control or KS2000) and not both e.g. PLC Control and KS2000.

I think that I unplugged the Beckhoff-configuration and tried everything again. I don't remember restarting the computer, maybe you need to end the Twincat-task in windows.

Regards,

Ivo Maenen

Found the problem

Hello!

I found the issue... It was indeed the lead! I used the 9-pin RS232 to FTDI lead that came with the USB lead and it worked! I had to use a converter as I don't have an RS232 port.

Thanks for your help though...

I've now discovered that the CC-LINK master module that was fitted to the original Mitsubishi system was never coded into the main PLC program! It's been sat in the rack unused for years!

I've got to get the AJ71AT21B cc-link master module talking to the program first...

When is anything EVER simple???? :sick:

Kind regards,

Karl