Beckhoff TwinCat 2 Latching and Unlatching.

Vandal11

Hello everyone.
I'm new to TwinCat 2 and was wondering if someone can tell me the AB equivalent of a TwinCat Latch and Unlatch? Also, is the Rising and Falling triggers the same as a oneshot?

Thanks.

What AB calls "latch" and "unlatch", almost everyone else calls "set" and "reset" coils.

Standard function R_TRIG ("rising trigger") is an equivalent of AB OSR instruction and F_TRIG ("falling trigger") is the same as OSF.

TwinCAT and other IEC 61131-based systems differ significantly from Allen-Bradley's and online help is almost useless (at least the English version). So any chance for some training would be a good thing.

Capture.jpg Capture1.jpg

What AB calls "latch" and "unlatch", almost everyone else calls "set" and "reset" coils.

Standard function R_TRIG ("rising trigger") is an equivalent of AB OSR instruction and F_TRIG ("falling trigger") is the same as OSF.

TwinCAT and other IEC 61131-based systems differ significantly from Allen-Bradley's and online help is almost useless (at least the English version). So any chance for some training would be a good thing.

Are all IEC61131 systems as useless in the help topic as TwinCat? I am using TwinCat in several projects, and I am completely amazed at how user unfriendly it is. With difficult to find help.

On the flip side, I also have several systems running on AutomationDirect Productivity 2000 systems. The help in this ssytem is easy to use and actually useful.

Are all IEC61131 systems as useless in the help topic as TwinCat?

Well, I cannot speak for other systems. On the positive side, Beckhoff tech support is typically very good. But the documentation and online Help are not good. Maybe the original German versions are, but not the English.

On the flip side, I also have several systems running on AutomationDirect Productivity 2000 systems. The help in this ssytem is easy to use and actually useful.

All the A/D items have good online help and their tech support is free and very good. They know the products well. Their forums are nice because there are several of the engineers who designed the products who regularly reply to questions.