Beginner Crimson 3.0 Questions

tomvr4

Been reading this forum for a little while now and it has been extremely useful. Haven't found an answer to my basic question so thought I'd better join up!

I have been programming a red lion HMI with crimson and a Panasonic plc with FPWIN.

What I want to do is refresh a plot that is displayed on the screen when the HMI is powered up (in case of power loss or what ever)

I have programmed the HMI so that the plot will refresh when various parameters are changed. Basically I have a tag called refresh that is pulsed by a change in value by another tag under triggers, I have attached a pic that hopefully explains this.. But can't get it to refresh on power up!

Thanks in advance.

refresh_time.JPG

Great.......
Thank You for sharing
I have also worked on the the Red Lion HMI and other products.
i hope this thing will work for me in near future...
:) :)

I am not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to do but Crimson has a built in function IsDeviceOnline(PLC_NAME) that will tell you if your PLC is off line due to power or Communication failure.

Just create a flag tag and use that function in the data line. See the screen capture.

IsDeviceOnline.jpg

Can you use the Global Action (Pages) On Startup?
If you just need to refresh after a power cycle, that might be the better place.

Your delays look too close together. As you have it, you will set the REFRESH tag to one and then clear it to zero just 200ms later.
That means whatever is looking at the REFRESH tag must be updating at 100ms or faster.
Otherwise, it might miss seeing the REFRESH tag change value.

You could try only setting the tag in your TIME trigger (ex. remove trigger 2).
Then create a trigger on the REFRESH tag when it has a Data Match = 1; clear the tag to zero after a delay of 2 seconds.

Not sure what exactly you need, but it does look like your set/clear timings are too close together.

Thanks for all the responses!

Bullzi, No I was trying to refresh a plot that is genertated by the PLC but displayed on the HMI when the HMI is powered up/restarted. (it clears on power loss). But that is definitely useful, cheers.

Yes arlenjacobs, I did end up finding the global actions under pages and that's what I used. What I did was very long though and I will try and clean it up with making the tag self clear as you suggest. (I used 3 more tags including the timer function posted on this forum..)

The tag REFRESH is latched in the PLC for the duration of the PLOT (all done in the plc). So I think the 200ms should be ok? I can extend it though wouldn't hurt to be 1 second.