Beginner program - Timer

mordred said:
I thought we were just controlling 3 outputs?? 200.00 to 200.03?????

if that is the case I've converted Alarics example to syswin

I can help you better if you can give me a truth table(desired conditions at what times) with an accurate I/O list

first i can open the file u uploaded..it says 'This file is not a CPM*/SRM* project. While running in "CPM*/SRM* mode" it is only possible to edit CPM1/CPM2A/SRM1/SRM1-V2 projects.'

Im not sure how the truth table works, so i just explain how i want the outputs to be.

Clockwise
Turn switch 000.00, then output 100.00 for 15 sec
After 15 seconds output change to 100.02 for 15 sec
After 15 seconds output change to 100.04 for 15 sec
After 15 seconds output change to 100.06 for 15 sec

After 10 seconds output change to 100.05 (delay for the motor to stop b4 proceed reversing the direction, any output will do so i just put there 100.05)

After 10 seconds output change to 100.08 (this output will always be activate during the reversing)

Then output 100.00 for 15 sec
After 15 seconds change to output 100.02 for 15 sec
After 15 seconds change to output 100.04 for 15 sec
After 15 seconds change to output 100.06 for 15 sec
Then loop back to start (Clockwise)

hope can change my program a little bit.

In your ladder diagrams above you still have outputs 200.00 to 200.07 what are they controlling? if you look at the statements on the last page you posted you have input 200.00 or 200.04 output 100.00 I take it you want 200.04 to be active only when 100.08 is active if so then you is this correct? output 100.08 will not hold you should change that to be active only when the reverse control timers are active you can do this by placing timers 6 to 9 in an or statement then output 100.08.

Also placing the inputting the outputs in an Or statement on the same rung as your generating the output will also keep the output on take the first rung for example remove input 200.00 it will cause problems same for the following rungs

I take it input 000.01 is a stop button if its an emergency stop unless this machine is a class 4 stop requirement (risk assessment) the emergency stop should power off the processor.

Before I attempt to rewrite this can you post what processor type you using and I'll see if I can get syswin to set the correct type

one other point is your using BCD timers from what I can tell if your using a CPM2a processor you should change these to TIML set the control to 000 for 1 second increments still trying to figure out how to set the increments in other processor types

Last edited:
mordred said:
In your ladder diagrams above you still have outputs 200.00 to 200.07 what are they controlling? if you look at the statements on the last page you posted you have input 200.00 or 200.04 output 100.00 I take it you want 200.04 to be active only when 100.08 is active if so then you is this correct? output 100.08 will not hold you should change that to be active only when the reverse control timers are active you can do this by placing timers 6 to 9 in an or statement then output 100.08.

Also placing the inputting the outputs in an Or statement on the same rung as your generating the output will also keep the output on take the first rung for example remove input 200.00 it will cause problems same for the following rungs

I take it input 000.01 is a stop button if its an emergency stop unless this machine is a class 4 stop requirement (risk assessment) the emergency stop should power off the processor.

Before I attempt to rewrite this can you post what processor type you using and I'll see if I can get syswin to set the correct type
if im not mistaken using the Omron Sysmac CQM1-CPU21..Syswin 3.3..in my pc i use 3.4 version..im using core2duo windows xp syswin 3.4..sorry im not sure what processor the PLC is using..

input 000.01 is indeed a stop switch.

200.00 to 200.07 are just imaginary output..real output are as defined at the bottom

ya i want 100.08 to be active during the reversing..if it not active the motor will not reverse..instead will turn clockwise like earlier..so i want 100.08 to hold for the 4 speeds.hope you understand. sorry for my english

actually my problem is when for the reversing, output 100.00 will active, then 100.02 active (without turning 100.00 off), then 100.04 also active..suppose i want make 100.00 - 100.06 active 1 at a time with 100.08 keep active..if 100.08 not active the motor will clockwise..hope u understand

to be more specific..rung 7 wont cut off after timer 6 finishes count

Last edited:
OK your processor type is the cqm1-cpu21 which is what I need your mistakes I see is this on each rung where you are activating 200.00 to 200.07 once they turn on they will stay active because they also an input in you Or statements on each rung. As the syswin I have is only shareware
I may not be able to correctly rewrite this file to use the correct instructions and my laptop is currently out for repair so I may only be able to get a close example I'll try to avoid instructions not available for your processor type I also cannot change the timers to BCD in my version (not a full version) so you'll have to convert what I do to your PLC setup. Ie the timer instruction I have available will only increment in 0.1 sec and has a range limit so I won't be able to write a full working version for you only one that you can refer to I'll post it in PDF so opening the file won't be an issue

mordred said:
OK your processor type is the cqm1-cpu21 which is what I need your mistakes I see is this on each rung where you are activating 200.00 to 200.07 once they turn on they will stay active because they also an input in you Or statements on each rung. As the syswin I have is only shareware
I may not be able to correctly rewrite this file to use the correct instructions and my laptop is currently out for repair so I may only be able to get a close example I'll try to avoid instructions not available for your processor type I also cannot change the timers to BCD in my version (not a full version) so you'll have to convert what I do to your PLC setup. Ie the timer instruction I have available will only increment in 0.1 sec and has a range limit so I won't be able to write a full working version for you only one that you can refer to I'll post it in PDF so opening the file won't be an issue

thx for willing to help..just to remind u again that Rung1 to Rung4 doing just fine..the output comes out 1 at a time for 15 seconds.. just after Rung7 to Rung10 they wont cut off after the timers finishes count.

input 200.00 - 200.07 in each rung is for the output to keep on flowing, after timer in each rung finishes count, they will disconnet the rung thus disconnect the output..

i dont understand. isnt that a new rung?
On rung 6 change the TIM009 NC to TIM005 NC. Do not use this rung for the reversing output. By making these changes you will maintain the timing events all the way thru.
Create and add a new separate rung for the Reversing Output like this:
IF 200.04 OR 200.05 OR 200.06 OR 200.07 are TRUE, THEN turn ON the reversing OUTPUT 100.08. On rung 6, change the 100.08 address on the output and the NO contact to some new address number (both instances). I hope this helps to clear up what I meant by a new rung.

Last edited:
jrwb4gbm said:
On rung 6 change the TIM009 NC to TIM005 NC. Do not use this rung for the reversing output. By making these changes you will maintain the timing events all the way thru.
Create and add a new separate rung for the Reversing Output like this:
IF 200.04 OR 200.05 OR 200.06 OR 200.07 are TRUE, THEN turn ON the reversing OUTPUT 100.08. On rung 6, change the 100.08 address on the output and the NO contact to some new address number (both instances). I hope this helps to clear up what I meant by a new rung.

i did what u told me to, it work, i change the output in rung 6 to 100.10 (connect to nothg)..Rung 6 now act as delay like rung 5..so can i just remove this rung?

Glad it worked I was having a battle with Syswin being the shareware it really did some interesting things when I tried to print it off I can't really answer your recent question though but I would take a close look at the rung you want to delete amd make sure your not breaking the timer sequence ie timers 1 to 8 but it sounds as though you may be able to delete that rung I would save the working copy then try it and test

r_boxblast said:
i did what u told me to, it work, i change the output in rung 6 to 100.10 (connect to nothg)..Rung 6 now act as delay like rung 5..so can i just remove this rung?

If you want to delete rung 6, that can be done, but you will also need to edit the next rung if you do.
Here's how:
Change the first instruction address from TIM5 N.O. to TIM4 N.O. This will maintain the sequence chain of the timers.

jrwb4gbm said:
If you want to delete rung 6, that can be done, but you will also need to edit the next rung if you do.
Here's how:
Change the first instruction address from TIM5 N.O. to TIM4 N.O. This will maintain the sequence chain of the timers.

ok will edit and test it at lab..will update here later..thanks