Beijer/Mitsubishi e710 HMI firmware upgrade failure

Transistor

I have an old e710 terminal and I need to upgrade the firmware to take and ethernet board. I downloaded MAC_e710_V6.10.zip from meau.com and transferred it with HMI Tools System Loader. Each time I transfer (20 minutes) I get a checksum error warning. Usually the HMI went back into run mode but now it's stuck. When I power up I get a blank screen. (The LEDs on the ethernet card are on.)

I appreciate that problems with firmware upgrades can kill some devices. Any ideas on how to kick it back to life? The e710 has a touch screen and eight programmable buttons at the bottom.

Many thanks.

Hi,

The problem is probably that you have downloaded a firmware that does not support the hw-revision of your E710. To be able to determine if that's the problem we will need to know the type number and serial number of the unit. You could try to force the unit to System Load-mode (there is a rotary switch on the side of the terminal - change the switch to position 1 and cycle the power) and then download the old 2.04-firmware. However, I'm not sure that this will work and if it doesn't I'm afraid that you will need to send the unit to Mitsubishi so that they can burn in the firmware again.

//Supporter

Thank you, Supporter, for your fast response. Here are the details:

MAC/MTA E710 24V DC
TYPE: 02400A
NO: 9719-017
G&L Beijer Electronics AB

Do you think I can find a firmware version to support the IFC ETTP (ethernet) card and an IFC PI (parallel / RS-232) card?

I can't see the rotary switch you mention so I'll open it up an have a look in the meantime.

Nope. No "System Load" switch visible on this unit. The serial number suggests it's 10 years old. I'll send it back to Mitsubishi.

Does anyone have a direct contact number or email for Mitsubishi Automation UK? Their website is difficult to find anything on.

Mitsubishi have come back to me with a standard charge to repair the E710. Cost almost €1,000! Can anyone think of any other way to knock this into System-Load mode so I can reload the firmware?

Many thanks.