Best Method to bring modbus tag in contrologix 5000?

bobbys

We have a chiller at our powerplant facility that we are communicating via MODBus RS484 using prosoft mnet card in our contrologix 5000 PLC. We have our communication already set and read write register tags in the plc. But the issue i have is one of the input register gives us diagnostic code and each code means something(for example if code value is 215 it means over voltage). There are over 100 codes and they all mean something. What would be the best way to convert these codes into an alarm description in the plc? Thanks in advance.

Do you just need to Display these on a screen or is there logic connected to some of these codes? if so the HMI can be set up to do different messages depending on different value in the same register depending on how you display your data to the operator... I know PV+ and ProFace do this anyways, im assuming many other brands and also Scada packages allow it as well

Just need a alarm to display on HMI, no logic behind it. We are using citect scada by Schneider electric. Thanks for the info i will look into that as well.