Best RS-232 to USB adapter for PLC

programist

Hello all,

I am looking to get Serial-to-USB adaptor. I have heard they might cause problems. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

If money is not an object, Allen Bradley Cat# 9300-USBS

Cost is around $140, but it comes in a nice pleather bag with the AB logo on it, which has to worth AT LEAST $100. I also have had 0 problems with it, where as other brand converters were hit or miss.

Cost is around $140, but it comes in a nice pleather bag with the AB logo on it, which has to worth AT LEAST $100. I also have had 0 problems with it, where as other brand converters were hit or miss.

LOL, if they made laptops they would cost $5000. $1500 for the laptop, $3500 for the fake leather case with the AB logo!

I prefer the "Industrial USB-Serial Windows 7" one here (I also like supporting the guy forum member that runs the site): http://www.ind-concepts.com/CommunicationData.htm

Some people also recommend the Keyspan USA-19HS. What I don't like about it is that the USB cable unplugs from the adapter. The one we had at work would come out easily.

I would trust this one
although I am using the 'KEYSPAN' with %100 excellent results.

I have tried a similar looking CHEAP brand mentioned in an earlier post.
it worked well in most cases
BUT. when I needed it to work with some special software it failed.
Very embarrassing - never again.

I prefer the "Industrial USB-Serial Windows 7" one here (I also like supporting the guy forum member that runs the site): http://www.ind-concepts.com/CommunicationData.htm

Thank you dmroeder!

Up until about a year ago we sold the Keyspan and really the only issue was I could not offer a lifetime replacement, with our cables we can... and I do not know anyone else that offers that, I also have the ability to support new platforms like Windows 8.1 and Windows 9, I can't wait for them to start supporting it, they are a little slow to support

I had a guy today using 8.1 and programming a Omron CPU, I could not ask him to go and call Keyspan for support, I sell it and need to support it

For 29.95 and free shipping I think its a very good deal

When I get done with my new website all PLCTalk members will get 10% off :)