Bottle line

File 6 CLOSE DOOR & MOVE subroutine
Rung 1: Add the following to your Car Up Motor: (1) XIC O:2/0 Stop Car Output. This is similar to an Emergency Stop function. It is there so must be programmed. (2) XIC I:3/1 Elevator Up Limit Switch. Without this switch, if something goes wrong, the elevator winch can try to pull the elevator into the winch house at the top of the shaft.
Corrections for the above:
Rung 1: Add the following to your Car Up Motor: (1) XIO O:2/0 Stop Car Output. This is similar to an Emergency Stop function. It is there so must be programmed. (2) XIO I:3/1 Elevator Up Limit Switch.

Note that a similar rung for the Car Down Motor O:4/1 should be added in Subroutine 6.

I Looked at my program and I noticed of what your are talking about, and did the changes. I apologize for the confusion, but my software is not working very well names and subroutines changed when I open my programs of what I write on them. In some times I have to open and close the same file until I get what I expect to see. Any clues on this.

Thanks again for your time

My software is not working very well. Names and subroutines changed when I open my programs of what I wrote on them. In some times I have to open and close the same file until I get what I expect to see.
I have not seen LogixPro change any logic, but it will delete some symbol names if the file is large and has many names and comments. To help keep that from happening, make sure that you do not leave "orphan" symbols that have names but are not used in the program.

In other words, clean up the trash as you work, so that it doesn't cause LogixPro to do it for you. Unlike RSLogix, the only way you can delete symbol names in LogixPro is to enter a dummy instruction with the orphan address, then delete the name of that address.

If you are opening files and seeing a difference from when you saved it, the only thing I can think of is that you have several files of the same name saved in different sub-directories. So probably it is NOT the same file that you saved, but appears to be because it has the same name. Always add a revision number or revision date such as "06-11-2015" at the end of each PLC program file name, so you will know one from the other.

Thank you for the advice. I still working on fixing my lab #2 I'll let you know.
thanks again

Hello Lancie I haven talked to you for a while since I was out of site, but I'm still working in my second lab 2 for the elevator. My question is how do I get back in the subroutines to reniciate once the elevatro is on floor 4. I did write some logic to returned to floor 1, but it does not work that simple since some of the subroutines are already pass. I will forward the work if you don mind to get the help thank yopu

From LogixPro multifloor elevator. (thelearningpit)

I have been woking on these labs and having problems on exer 3 when trying to return the elevator. Here is my file to get the help. When I try to bring the elevator down subroutine 6 latches but still not moving.

Thanks to you all

Last edited:
Now my problem after coming up and then returned to first floor I got stock pointer over flow. Any ideas will be apreaciate.

Now my problem after coming up and then returned to first floor I got stock pointer over flow. Any ideas will be apreaciate.
Please zip and attach your revised file that is producing the overflow error. You may have to add an overflow unlatch rung at the end of your program.

Overflow unlatch rung

For a general example, see the post in the link below, rung #3, to build an overflow unlatch rung. You will not need the B3/14-(L)- or the branch. Just move the S:5/0 -(U)- to the main part of the rung where the "B3/14" instruction is. It is for a different processor but the rung will be similar for the LogixPro logic.
Link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=14307&postcount=4

In Logixpro multifloor elevator lab I am getting "stack pointer overflow" fault when returning the elevator (elev) car to floor 1. taking me out of line. here are my ziped files of the project.

File 3A is the original
File 3B I added more logic to inhibit the elev.. from screwing the go UP/DOWN task while in progress.
This however, is overflowing once the elev. car is to #4
thanks for the help

Last edited: