LOgixPro bottle line simulations

amhd90

Hello, I am trying to solve the bottle line simulation, but I can't understand the basics, and why we are using BSL and BSR, so can anyone provide me with a full explanation about it other than the leanrning pit one ?

but I can't understand the basics
That's a pretty general statement. What, specifically, are you not understanding?

and why we are using BSL and BSR
In a word, economy. You could shift text strings - crazy memory usage and lots of programming overhead besides; you could shift words - not as much work but still uses a lot of memory; or, use bits. A single instruction and for the purposes of the exercise only six 16-bit words used for data.

There are some example bottle line programs in the "Downloads" section in the Allen Bradley section. Looking at how they work may help you understand the logic involved.
BSL and BSR instructions are generally used for tracking when an event happens and then applying an action at a later point based on a time delay or pulse count setpoint. What that means is suppose you have a defective bottle detected by a sensor and you want to reject it 30 pulses later down a conveyor with or without additional sensors to trigger the reject device.

Last edited:
I mean that the exercise basics and the workflow of the simulation can't get them and understand them correctly