LogixPro Bottle line simulator

Wtf

Running on my computer, I don't break any bottles? I wish I could see what your running into Lancie. The only ones that break are the initial couple before the SR tracking has begun. I can run on any range of the scan spectrum and not break anything.

Can you post a video of this? If you want, I can put a video of mine on youtube for you to see what is happening on my PC.

Does anyone else see this happening from using my program? It would be nice if someone else could give a little input. You all sure want answers, but when it comes time to put up or shut up everyone just sits in the shadows...real nice.

PLC Wizzaahd,

I don't have any way to make a video. I will take a look at your YouTube. Probably you are not running long enough. At lower speeds (60% range), the breakage doesn't start until about 7 minutes into a run, at 100% speed, it starts after about 5 minutes. It is easy to get 100% fill rates...for a short time. Getting no breakage over long periods is desirable for real-world bottling. A bottle line has to run for at least an 8-hour shift. I suspect that if you ran my bottle-line program for 8 hours, there would be at least 3 or 4 bottles broke, even at speeds below 50%. This is built into the program due to the way the fill tube operates independently of the so-called "Scan speed".

EDIT: I looked at your 52-second video. 52 seconds is not near long enough to determine if your program prevents breakage. Try running for 7 minutes, and record the breakage at different speeds, as I did.

Also, the speed of the computer really makes a big difference. Different PC microprocessors will run the LogixPro program at different speeds. On your video, the line speed looked relatively slow, perhaps based on your PC speed. At slower speeds, it is much easier to prevent breakage. I am using an Intel Pentium 4 with Windows XP. There are also different versions of LogixPro, which may affect the way the Bottle Line program runs. My version is Version 1.6, July, 2003.
If you check the timing (how long each fill requires) of the fill tube, it is about the same at every conveyor speed. It does not speed up with the conveyor speed.
The above fact means that if you use the conveyor encoder to set the speed of your bottle fill, then at some speed, the fill tube (because it operates independently of the encoder) will not keep up with the bottles. The same is true of a fixed timer. There is a way to measure the conveyor speed using timers, then adjust a fill-tube timer Preset Value based on the actual conveyor speed. But that only works up to a certain speed level.

Last edited:
Thats probably it. I have version 1.86. I am running a laptop with a 2Ghz AMD windows XP. I have been running the sim for about an hour with no signs of breakage though. It's too bad there are these variables that I cannot troubleshoot. Thanks for checking into things and taking the time to help.