bottle line simulator

amhd90

Can someone explain to me why thelearningpit use 3 bsl in parallel, and why the input are like this. And how if a bottle is defected in the start of the line, it will be remove in the end of it ?
Then can someone help me by explaining why the input of BSL are like this ?
Thank you.

b2-592x330.gif

I am not familiar with thelearningpit example but the reason for 3 different inputs will allow three different sensors located at different points in the process to work independently. You could also adjust the length in each BSL to have different reject points in the process or different locations for each type of reject. The independent inputs could also be used for totalizing how many of each defect there were. To remove a defective bottle you could use a compare equal of a constant and the value in a particular BSL "B" file to determine a reject status or you could simply use the "1" bit state in the particular "B" file to turn on an output for the reject device. Trying to explain this thru the written word is kinda hard, just watching the code work is easier.

Last edited:
If a bottle is small so b3:4 per example is 0, how in a later point of the simulation a sensor detect this specific bit and take the bottle into other line of production ?

I:1/6, I:1/7 and I:1/8 are located on the same place but at different levels, I:1/6 detects all normal bottles ( and apply to all bottles), I:1/7 only detects large, and the other detects only broken. This is my guess.

If a bottle is small so b3:4 per example is 0, how in a later point of the simulation a sensor detect this specific bit and take the bottle into other line of production ?

There is no other sensor. I:1/7 puts the size information into the BSL so the machine can 'remember' the state of the item at the time it was sensed and act upon that information later. If four bottles pass the sensor and they are large, large, small, large then the low four bits in the shift register will be 1101. the 1s and 0s will control the divert downstream.