Bristol Babcock 3330 to A-B Conversion

H2OTom

Yes you read that right. I've got a lone Bristol Babcock 3330 out in our system that I need to replace. The plan is to go to an Allen Bradley Compact Logix system to keep inline with the rest of our PLCs.

Does anyone have any insight on converting the program from the 3330 to A-B? I'm hoping to not have to completely rewrite the entire program.

Thank you!

There is no direct conversation program from BBL ACCOL to Studio 5000, and that is probably for the best. It shouldn't be that big a task to manually convert the ACCOL, possibly improving things as they go. One thing to question is the communication these BBL could do. Is this purely a standalone system? That would seem quite rare given how focused on communication and BSAP network.

There is no direct conversation program from BBL ACCOL to Studio 5000, and that is probably for the best. It shouldn't be that big a task to manually convert the ACCOL, possibly improving things as they go. One thing to question is the communication these BBL could do. Is this purely a standalone system? That would seem quite rare given how focused on communication and BSAP network.

Fair enough. I agree, the change to Studio 5000 will be a huge improvement over what we're currently running. And you are correct, we're using BSAP to communicate to a couple of remote pressure nodes in the system. Those are being converted to Ethernet/IP remote I/O on a 900mhz radio link.