Building a PLC

you also need some Wipe Off Memory Buffers (WOMB) to make sure it can be cooled down

lets assume 1 MBits of memory consuming 1 watt each, you will need another truck for the 1 MWgenerator. You could use a Roadtrain and make the signal lights with the PLC.
I do it with an arduino also consuming 1 mW (where is the shift key)
a good yoke

Don't forget to include a Baudot paper tape reader so that you can back up the code. Worst case scenario if the operator loses the tape you could always Telex another.

Don't forget to include a Baudot paper tape reader so that you can back up the code. Worst case scenario if the operator loses the tape you could always Telex another.
I thought I was Old
That was what our school computer was -
300 Baud Modem to Honeywell time share mainframe

What self-respecting vacuum tube computer would use tape memory?

It's Diode ROM:
2u76ctz.jpg

I have no idea whats going on here.
It started as an April's Fool joke, but then evolved into the old Smoke & Mirrors, Inc. rides again!

The Smoke & Mirrors corporation started in 2006 with Thread 20167, Post #6 from Geninus in Training. I think it is still in business! I know the Genius the Project Manager is doing great, and the Communications Director, the Profreader, the Converter, the Finance Officer, the Suds Dispenser, the Scapegoat (me), and some others are all still here. A few (the Mediator for one) have passed on.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=20167&highlight=Smoke+Mirrors

The offical company name did not finally get settled until Post #106 from the CEO Terry Woods.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=20167&highlight=Smoke+Mirrors&page=11

Last edited:
I'm going to give it an ENORMOUS WOM (Write only memory). Think 1 Terabyte will be enough or should I go with unlimited memory? The tube circuit for that isn't all that complicated if I remember correctly.

Why stop there? For a few tubes more, you can build an early version of a StarTrek transporter.

The current draw from the tubes easily explains the need for dilithium crystals...

Here I have designed pneumatic PLC. There is pneumatic generator who gives 24V out for Cubicle light and RJ45 for pneumatic Ethernet-IP communicattion for other pneumatic PLCs.

PNEUMATIIKKAA.gif