Building an R&D lab

Mueller34

General question for everyone. I'm finishing up some industrial electrician training in the next couple years and then plan to open up my own shop to do some electrical and automation work. In the meantime I'm looking to improve my training lab. Is there any resources out there to get some more equipment? Also what things are must haves in the lab besides some PLCs and HMIs?

I can always stick to getting bits and pieces as I go but I still have a family to provide for too.

Thanks all

I would be looking for some servos, analog devices such as laser distance, or temperature type things, and another plc of some sort to work on communicating between them.

Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Bubba.

Some really good things to have are a voltage/current source & a temperature simulator perhaps a 0-150 ohm source, there are circuits you can build yourself if money is tight, just google them it will get you going, for testing it does not have to be that accurate just for that learning curve, a meter is a must.
Probably obvious equipment but simulation is key to getting your skills, however, simulators only work at computer level so getting things like analogues, servo's etc. in a real world is a must.