C-more password change button frustration

ArcReactorKC

I am attempting to insert a "change password" button. However all of the numeric entry buttons display the current data.

Obviously I don't want the password data displayed, or a random string either as I think that will confuse the operator. I want it to be a simple button that says change password and prompts for data entry, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Is there a way to do this I'm not thinking of? I am sure it's simple and I am overlooking it.

Three options come to mind:
1) Use a separate display tag displaying fixed number.
2) Change the color of the text to match the background
3) Increase the text font size so it can't be displayed in the box

There may be better solutions, but these are what I have used in the past.

Display Tag.png Text Color.png Font Size.png

Customer spec I'm afraid. I have used these in lots of applications. But this one is right on the edge of too large a project for this I think.

Three options come to mind:
1) Use a separate display tag displaying fixed number.
2) Change the color of the text to match the background
3) Increase the text font size so it can't be displayed in the box

There may be better solutions, but these are what I have used in the past.

I think this the best option for my application.

Is this a password that is stored in the HMI, or are you using the PLC to manage it?

If the latter, why not move the entry into a buffer register and then clear the first one when a change is detected?

A customer purposely requested AD? Very weird.

I have 2 customers change their specifications to AD PLCs and HMIs this summer, because the software is "free".

I haven't been able to convince them that development costs will go up for some of their machines, at least until some templates are made.

I have seen one competitor switch from Panelview to C-More recently and I am sure that is a smart move, but not the smartest.

For us, it's Red Lion or a big PITA fee. The price difference between a C-More and Red Lion does not even come close to covering the gap in labor expense to do what we do with their HMI software.

Crimson is the exception to the rule "you get what you pay for."

We/I do a fair amount of C-More so development costs are no different than if they had requested wonderware or factorytalk.

That means your projects are simple. I can promise you if you need to do complicated things, that would not be the case. Case in point, you are asking how to do something that should be very simple. Now, FT isn't much better, but C-More is lacking in a lot of areas. I do somewhat understand that, as I don't think it's in the same market as others.

No it means this job is simple. Others are not and are done in factorytalk or Wonderware system platform.

Humorous you assume that all of my projects are simple based on a single post and question.

It's well documented you dislike automation direct. I've made an obcene amount of money integrating their products to multiple different industries and customer sites. I do not understand why automation direct gets such an intense amount of hate, just like I do not understand why people get so excited and act like AB/Rockwell is the end all be all when they churn out garbage year after year.