Can Excel sheet write to PLC5 data base?

Tawfiq

Gents...
How can I program Excel sheet that is able to write to PLC data base?
If I need to write huge data to PLC data files, how can I use Excel to do so?

:site:

Please advice.
Best regards to all.
Tawfiq

Is that what he really means? I took his question to be about writing values entered into an Excel cell to a PLC address, not about creating tags...

You need RSLinx Pro (not the free version) along with Excel. The help files in RSLinx explain how to link Excel to addresses in the PLC and even have some examples.

Is that what he really means? I took his question to be about writing values entered into an Excel cell to a PLC address, not about creating tags...

Your probably right, its not the first time I have misunderstood someones question or the last.

I am helping a company trouble shoot a system that does this, as soon as i figure out why I can't change from rslinx to winlinx I will see if I can help you. I think you have to use winlinx to do the transfer but this is the first time for me so don't give up someone will help im sure.