Can Ge Fanuc 9030 communicate with AB Panelview 1000?

jwyatt8171

Ive been tasked with making this work, or at least seeing if its possible. I do not have any room for expansion on the Fanuc rack.
313 CPU currently using snp communications with a quickpanel. The powers to be want to change over to AB PV1000
The particular PV1000 we use does have enet and rs232.
any help is appreciated.

The PV+ should have something called a KEPware server that you can use lots of different protocols with. I believe it does SNP and SNP-X. Never used it though. When you install RSView or the new FactoryTalk View program it asks if you want to install the KEP drivers as well.

Thanks for the responses.
The HMI that i have been asked to use is a PV, not a PV+. From my understanding kepware does not work with the PV.
I have 4 systems that need to be upgraded. Right now were using quickpanels in each of those, but we used the last spare we had.
Our supplier says the quickpanels are obsolete, and cannot be repaired due to parts availablility.
So this is an option were looking at.
Might consider redlion units. I have looked at them in the past. Seem to be an economical option.

Red Lion is a lot cheaper than the PV.
Besides, you get all the build-in ports and drivers so I don't see any issues switching to the Red Lion hardware.
Actually they offer a lot more in horsepower as well as options that the PV's or PV+'s do.

The only good reason to use a PV is because you connect it to an AB plc and already have all the soft and many of them in your shop but in other way you should use the right brand device as your plc or a third party device with built in driver for any plc...

The GE Quick Panel View HMIs can share the GE PLC's variable database. That can make conversion from the old units to the new go faster.
Not only that, but, if the QP program was stored to the original HMI, it can be downloaded to one's computer and converted to a QuickPanel View project.

QuickPanel Availability

"Our supplier says the quickpanels are obsolete, and cannot be repaired due to parts availablility"

This may be a little late for your application, but while GE does not make quickpanels any more, a company named ProFace America does. These are essentially the same thing just by another manufacturer. They even sell quickdesigner software.

We ran into the same problem with some quickpanels we had here. The old program loads right onto the new panel.

http://www.profaceamerica.com/cms/site/87924ae8746ee0d6/index.html