Can i connect Wincc v7.5 to a OMRON PLC?

rezarahnama

Hi everybody.
Please help me. i want to know is it poosible to write SCADA program for a CJ2M-CPU31 OMRON PLC in WINCC program?
Programming of OMRON PLC is done in CX-ONE but i want to connect wincc to this plc as scada. is it possible? if yes please give me the instruction.
thanx alot.
🤞🏻

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I think the only possible way to do this would be through OPC UA (or the previous OPC DA) technology. The WinCC SCADA has support for OPC UA (and OPC DA) Client functionality. Unfortunately Omron newer PLCs have OPC UA server capability, but not the CJ2M-CPU31. So you would need a middle-ware that can convert from the OPC UA client in the WinCC to the FINS server in Omron. There is a Japanese company called Takebishi which offers a middle-ware that runs in Windows which can do precisely this. If the Takebishi middle-ware and the WinCC run on the same PC, then you do not need OPC-UA. I think you could configure the legacy OPC DA which may be cheaper for both WinCC and Takebishi. The middle-ware license should be several hundreds of euros. It may be possible to download an evaluation version to test the product, but I am not sure about this.

I think this might be possible as I looked into it also. I would have to check that project to be sure though & what strategy/protocol I was going to use

If I remember, I’ll have a look next week & try to post back