Can I msg between micrologix1400 and mico820

Gavin_plc

Hello,
Is it possible to msg write 1 bit from micrologix 1400 to micro820 over ethernet?

I'm an electricain with only knowledge of 500CPU and PLC5 messaging.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum !

Is it possible to msg write 1 bit

None of the A-B controllers I am aware of support a Message instruction that transports a single BOOL value or one bit of a Data Table element.

You can use Modbus/TCP to transport an entire INT integer data element, but not just one bit.

The MicroLogix cannot natively read or write the Tags inside the Micro 820, and the Micro 820 does not emulate MicroLogix Data Table addresses, so Modbus/TCP is the protocol that these two controllers have in common.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I'm using a SLC typed write from the ControlLogix5572 to the MicroLogix 1400, with path: 2, (MicroLogix IP). The ControlLogix equipment has a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm trying to setup a MSG connection (which I'm not familiar to) between a CompactLogix CPU (L310ER) and a Micrologix 1400 CPU. At the...
Replies
Views
Anyone know if I can msg between a ControlLogix L71 (A) and an SLC5/05 (C) via backplane of second ControlLogix L71 (B)? ControlLogix (A) and SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is it possible to write tag using MSG in two diffirent controllers in separated networks using Dual-IP? I need to do something like that: 1...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I feel like this is an easy question, but I can't seem to find an answer for it. Currently have a PLC-5 that we're swapping out...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom