Can I use the Rsivew studio machine edition software to open the MER file?

True,

You will need to find the development application *.med in order to open it in Studio. The other option would be to find and restore the *.apa file (which is a backed up *.med).

Good luck
Marc

There was a knowledge base article on how to do this retrieval yourself. I am not sure if it is still available. Some things in the MER cannot be rebuilt using this method (from memory parameter files) but all the common functions are there. As far as I know MED stands for Machine Edition Design and MER stands for Machine Edition Runtime.
Regards Alan Case

Similar Topics

I recently did a program conversion from logix 500 to studio 5000 and when machine runs it depends on two ton instructions to keep the machine in...
Replies
Views
Morning, we are changing how we control an HMI by having our users sign into iFix which then sends a tag to the HMI. Looking at a specific DINT...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have a question for you experience people. I have a tben l4 8IOL module set up on a machine from the oem , And want to add a iolink...
Replies
Views
Hello, i've been at this for months now, i tried creating accounts on the aveva website but it seems to never approve my accounts or at least when...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom