Can Rslinx be installed on Windows 10?

muckmail

Can RSlinx be installed on Windows 10 home?

If so does anyone have the procedure do this?

Does a person need to install it using compatible mode in Windows 10?

If so what Operating system should I pick in the Win 10 compatible mode box.
Should it be Windows 7 or 8, Windows XP, etc.?

What version of RSlinx light do I need?

Thank you,

Last edited:
I've never used W10 home specifically, I would suspect it will install. I wouldn't mess with compatibility mode.

Could you explain your purpose of installing only RSLinx? What are you trying to accomplish? It's not typical that you install RSLinx by itself.

Welcome to the forum!

So just install it as administrator & I should not have a problem?
What version should I use and where can I download that new version?

Thank you,

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I think it's important to answer the "why" question, not just a series of "how" questions.

If the answer is "I am trying to set up a copy of RSLogix on a PC at home to automate my garage", then fine. The usual answer will be "download the newest versions and try those".

It is common for problems to arise using Rockwell Software products on various "Home" editions of Windows. That's been true since XP Home, twenty years ago.

One of the sections of the RA online support system is the "Product Compatibility and Download Center", which includes some truth tables about OS versions and software revisions.

Not all of the red X's mean that an incompatibility is known: they sometimes mean that the OS wasn't tested. That can be for obvious reasons (like Android and DOS) or for policy reasons (like not testing Windows 10 32-bit).

RSLinx Light does not support OPC, right?

Correct, RSLinx Classic Lite does not support OPC. I believe the options still appear in the menus, but the functionality is disabled. You need to get a license for that function to work.

I've never used W10 home specifically, I would suspect it will install. I wouldn't mess with compatibility mode.

Could you explain your purpose of installing only RSLinx? What are you trying to accomplish? It's not typical that you install RSLinx by itself.

Welcome to the forum!

I've seen it before as a work around for using ethernet panelviews alongside DH+/RIO networks.

PVP communicates with RSLinx via dedicated OPC server PC instead of Enterprise.