Cannot import AOP or Routines into RSLogix 5000

widelto said:
Does anybody knows if this problem is solved on v 20.04 ??

I don't see any reference to it in the Release Notes for RSLogix 5000 v20.04 under Corrected Anomalies or even Known Anomalies. So I would think no, it was not solved, but I cannot be 100% certain on that.

Here is the fix, posted by jag131990, in its official form...

68145 - Cannot Import AOI to RSLogix 5000
Access Level: TechConnect

It basically says this lock up can happening in v19, but we know it can also happen in v20.

The solution is to...

Use the registry reset for RSLogix 5000. This will return the software to factory default settings.

Hold Down the [Shift]+[Ctrl] keys.
Keep pressing them, and start the RSLogix 5000 software.
Keep pressing the keys until the Start Screen comes up.
Release the [Shift]+[Ctrl] keys and try the import.

Regards,
George

FYI:
The same happens if you did import with multiple monitors and import dialog was open on the secondary screen. When you do it again in the single monitor setup, then dialog opens outside of the screen boundaries and you can't see it.

If you press enter few times to accept default setting, then import will continue.
That is why CTRL-SHIFT reset works.

Move the Dialog Back on the Screen

You can hit Enter which works, but you might want to be able to see the dialog before you hit Enter. To get the dialog back on the screen, first click somewhere on the RSLogix program that is frozen to give it focus. Then press ALT+SHIFT+SPACE. You will see a little menu pop up on one of your monitors. Select MOVE from this menu, then move your mouse and the dialog box will pop on the screen, and you can place it where you want.

This is likely due to invalid registry paths. Likely to a server or device drive that is no longer present when performing imports.

Try holding down CTRL + SHIFT while starting up Logix 5000 until the start menu of Logix 5000 appears. This will reset the registry to default and fix any errors.

Awesome! Thanks Jag, your advice just resolved the issue I was having. 🍻