Can't connect to compact logix after firmware update.

+1 for the flash log. I bricked a Compactlogix Brick once. I turned off BootP and it looked like it was off as I quickly exited, but during the Controlflash upgrade process, when it came to the first reboot point, oops, it went to BootP So ControlFlash failed to finish.

I had to remove the battery and wait a day (an hour minimum but I was done for the day with that kind of luck...)

So the next day, I slapped the battery back in it and got it back talking, and had proven the IP was holding its settings multiple times and successfully flashed it, but something was still wrong with that CPU even though I thought I had recovered it successfully. It would fault and wipe itself every few hours and sometimes just refuse to communicate for a minute at a time, so I ended up having my distributor bail me out with a brand new one. I think I caused it by rushing through the steps and trusting the BootP indicator in RSLinx.

geniusintraining said:
...We need to know the status of the LED's and the flash log then we should be able to stop guessing...

But I thought we loved all the guessing? :unsure:

geniusintraining said:
...Deal! but if I go way over there I dont want some cheap beer that I can get in the states... do you have any good local microbreweries ? I love trying new ones...

Do we what? This is Ireland we're talking about!

Microbreweries are dime-a-dozen here. What's your poison, beer, larger, stout, brown ale, pale ale? Carlow Brewing Company, O'Hara's is one of the more popular microbreweries in this region. They are based in County Carlow, 12 miles south of where I live. O'Shea's is another popular one. There are also lots of "Brewbars" with there own brewery out back such as "8 degrees" based down South. You can have a Galway Hooker, Barefoot Pilsner, Kindrid Spirit Stout, Howling Gale, White Gypsy Beer. There's another microbrewery called "Trouble Brewing" in County Kildare, where I live. They do "Deception Golden Ale", "Dark Arts Porter", Sabotage IPA". Also specials, like "Fuzzy Logic Wheat Beer" (a fav of mine), "Graffiti Pale Ale", "Agent Provocateur Red Rye Ale", "Lazy Sunday Saison", "Whistle Blower IPA", "Big Brown Bear Brown Ale".

That's just a small selection.

G. 🍻

O'Hara's_Stout.png