Can't edit safety routines

alive15

Hello, I'm trying to edit some safety routines on a plc program, but everything is greyed out. Am I missing something on the software side? See photos of controller info and revision details.

controller settings.PNG safety settings greyed out.PNG studio 5000 revisions.PNG

You don't have the GuardLogix license, according to your properties image. Under Features, it should say GuardLogix

before you edit anything, you need to find out if there is a safety signature associated with the safety routines. if there is, then when you edit the routine, you break the safety signature and there is a lot of paperwork required to get the safety signature reinstalled / generated. I don't know your situation, but thought i would mention it.
james

before you edit anything, you need to find out if there is a safety signature associated with the safety routines. if there is, then when you edit the routine, you break the safety signature and there is a lot of paperwork required to get the safety signature reinstalled / generated. I don't know your situation, but thought i would mention it.
james

"Hey boss, this is above my pay grade. I'm not trained nor certified to make safety-related changes."

Don't accept liability you are not prepared for.

RVaughan,

you are correct, if the oem or plant controls engineer made the safety routines and you edit them, that person assumes the liability. that is what i was faced with several months ago. i got with the plant controls engineer and soon learned the procedure for safety changes. they said i would assume all machine liability. i told them i wasn't going to make the changes, just notifying him what was wanted to be changed. He studied the change and quickly said no.
you are also correct, WAY above my pay grade.
james