can't remove types from project library

dahnuguy

tia v 15.1 1500 plc
wincc pro v15.1

Added UDTs to PLC, then dragged them over to the project library "types" to be referenced in the HMI.

Since 2 people are working on the same project, one on HMI and one on PLC, we have newer udts in the PLC edit than in the HMI edit.

The HMI programmer added udt_1 in several cases to make whatever he needed work.
Then PLC programmer updated udts in PLC.

After a couple months, there are old udts that are not used anywhere.
But they can not be deleted.

"can not be deleted because other types depend on this version...etc"

I don't care if it breaks a nested udt, I just want to delete them and everything that depends on them.

Even the top level udt will not allow delete for the same reason.
(top level has other udts nested inside)

I deleted the hmi from the project and also terminated the connection to type in the PLC.

There is absolutely nothing in the project that refers to these types except the other types.

And still can't delete them.

What is the work around? Can we edit the project file directly?

hi i ran into similar thing, i had to cross reference the udt i wanted to blow away and delete it from every other udt where it was referenced , every hmi faceplate etc

hi i ran into similar thing, i had to cross reference the udt i wanted to blow away and delete it from every other udt where it was referenced , every hmi faceplate etc

I deleted the whole HMI, same error.
Really anouying.

I would rather portal let me break a connection than just say no.

Thanks for the reskponse.