Cant understand memory bit

TahirQ

New to PLC, I am currently doing a project on unity pro.?

I want to indicate Circuit breaker closed status after the breaker is closed.In pertaining with the programs whole logic, my instructor has told me to display the closed indication by energizing memory bits. I have been reading help for the past few days.But cant understand how to do it.Can anyone give me an idea how to do it.

First of all, let's state that a circuit breaker is a supply power switching component; in order for a CPU controller to monitor the state of the circuit breaker you will have to provide the power switching device with an auxiliary contact which will replicate the breaker's functional state and route the circuitry of a PLC input.
When the circuit breaker closes, the auxiliary contact will also close hence energizing the input point writing to the correspondingly addressed memory partition (bit).
This is pretty much the main stream approach of monitoring the state of power circuits componenets: PLC inputs routed through power component mounted auxiliary contacts.

A memory bit is any bit in your PLC memory.

Breaker Breaker Closed
Input Status
10001 40001
---] [-----------------------( )-

I don't know which model of Modicon you are working with. I showed a 4xxxxx address - adjust accordingly.