Can't Write on a string PLC Tag

Lucian.pasca

Hi I am trying to Write into a PLC Tag using the Inger v7 , the Plc is a Micrologix 850 2080-LC50-48QWB , I can write bool , interger , but when it come to string I get the following error Embedded Service Error 0x00ff2105: Attempt to access beyond the end of the data object.
When I try to read it it works , the only issue is writing and only on the string type of tag , the string length was set 80 and what I want to write is "Test" but error is the same

Welcome to the forum! The Ingear help says: "Attempt to access beyond the end of the data object". Did you set the following:

• Set Controller.CPUType = CPU.MICRO
  • Set Controller.Path = "0"

Reading/writing to Micro800 is almost identical to CompactLogix/ControlLogix, Strings being one of the few exceptions. My guess is that Ingear thinks you are writing to a CompactLogix, so it is writing 88 bytes, going beyond the size of your Micro800 string.