Cat 5 Cable Recommendation

Greg Dake

Greetings!

I have an application where I am going to use IFM E12354 field wireable M12 D-Coded Ethernet connectors. (url below).

I have purchased a lot of industrial Cat5 cable over the years, but never any that will terminate in a 4 pin connector such as the E12354.

What is recommended for bulk Cat 5 cable for this type of connector? (Needs to be shielded, at least suited for IP67) Does not need to be high/continuous flex.

https://www.ifm.com/us/en/product/E12354

TIA,

Greg

Siemens makes CAT 5 cable that's shielded and will terminate to a 4 pin connector (Green color).
I have purchased in the past based on meters (bulk) instead of fixed lengths and such.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a part number as I have no access to their catalogues right now.
You may want to do a quick search.

These connectors will accept standard Cat5e cable, and in some cases Cat6A cable too. I wouldn't waste money and lead-time on some exotic alternative if your usual stuff will be suitable. Screw terminals are definitely the way to go if you are using stranded core too. IDC's will more often than not give you issues.

Cable sheath: Ø 6...8 mm