CCW-Rslinx problem

Jansan

Hi, I am having a problem with the CCW v20.1 from Rockwell. It is the first time I am using it, as I used to work with Siemens or RsLogix, but when I try to configure a driver, search for a device, download, etc RsLinx browser is not popping up and I get the message "Unable to find RSLinx Browser.".

I also checked with v21 and v13 but they were also not working.

I have also tried with the RsLinx window opened but same message is shown.

Do you know what could it be?

Thanks!

Try changing your CCW communications software from RSLinx Classic to FactoryTalk Linx.

In CCW select Communications --> Select Communication Software --> FactoryTalk Linx and press OK

That option is not active in my case. Maybe because when I press the "configure drivers" button nothing occurs?

FactoryTalk Linx is a completely different program. You can choose from LogixStudio 5000 the communication program (RSLinx Classic or FactoryTalk Linx) but you need to close the project.

Hi Alfredo, in this case I do not have FactoryTalk Linx. I only have the free software as I am not a regular PLC programmer for Rockwell. In this case I only have CCW and RSLinx.

I cannot understand why in my computer it doesn´t work and in my colleagues laptop it is working properly.

I have installed the FactoryTalk Linx and now I have both communications softwares in CCW. I tried with both and still the same problem.

RsLinx and FactoryTalk Linx alone work properly. The problem is when I try to do something about communications from CCW. Even pressing just the "Discover" button, nothing happens...

Try to reset CCW software settings.
Tools-->Import and Export Settings...-->Reset all settings

I tried the "Reset all settings" and nothing... It should be a compatibility problem with other software or something like that...

Do not worry guys, I will work with my colleague´s laptop. Thanks for your repplies!

Well, if you ever figure out what is causing the issue and/or fix please report back, so the pull your hair out moment can assist others...

I have installed the FactoryTalk Linx and now I have both communications softwares in CCW. I tried with both and still the same problem.

RsLinx and FactoryTalk Linx alone work properly. The problem is when I try to do something about communications from CCW. Even pressing just the "Discover" button, nothing happens...
Did you try starting CCW in elevated mode, that is launching it as administrator ?