Change Buttoncolor in WINCC

userxyz

Hi, I'm a beginner in WinCC and would like to change the color of a button when a certain picture is vieuwed. I made a navigationmenu.pdl, a status.pdl and a main.pdl. In the main (startscreen) I placed Status.pdl in the top and Navigationmenu.pdl in the bottom. In the middle the pictures mon1.pdl, mon2.pdl, ... are showed when a left mouse event happens in the navigationmenu.
I made a 16 bit Unsigned Tag, every buttons sends a constant value to this tag. That's the way how I call picturenames.

What do I need to know: How can I write this in C or VBS. I am a beginner and don't know how to write this.

The color of button1 for example is coupled with the value 1 of the screens tag. when picture mon1.pdl is showed in the middle, the color of button1 must become yellow for example

Many tnx.

Hello Combo;

Here is the recommended (by Siemens) way of making a object property dynamic:
Open the properties of the button (right-click on it), select Colors; make the colour dynamic and use a Tag or a Dynamic dialog to change the property following a tag value. There is no need to do this in C-script or VBS; also remember thet every script you add will consume more processor time; this will eventually show up in the update time of your screens and becomes quickly irritating.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

hi

maybe a little question,

when I do it analog, then it's UPTO value, all the other buttons are changing to, when I choose button 8, then 8 buttons will change...

So it works not fully 100%

Bit isnt the solution I think, because I use constant values to change Picture windows...

Have u an Idea ?

Hello Combo;

If you want to do it with analog (there are other choices) you can set ranges: 2 to 2, 8 to 8... that will apply your dialog to only one value. At least that is how i remember it.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Cartier