changing I/O addresses of DP slave in TIA

Murdockske

Hi,

Today I was experimenting a little with TIA portal but I have a problem with changing the addresses of a DP slave.

I've configured the CPU and a profibus network.
On this network, I've connected a DP slave with some input and output cards.
Normally, you should have the possibility to change the I/O addresses of those input and output cards but here, they are gray and I can't find a way to get them white so I can change them.

The cards who are directly mounted next to the CPU are possible to change. It looks like it's only the slaves who are the problem.

I also tried this with a configuring a drive as DP slave ( ABB drive) but still the same problem.

Anyone has an idea?

You can change the IO addresses.
In the device view where you add the SM modules, there is a tab, labeled device overview. The IO addres fields can be double clicked on and then you can enter a new address.

Thx Mike,

This is the tab where I tried to change the addresses.
The fields of I adress and Q adress are gray and I can't enter any values in it. ( even after dubble clicking)
This is only for the slaves.

The cards who are next to the CPU are no problem. They can be changed in this view.

You can change it.. It is on the comm properties of the DP slave module.. (transfer areas..)

Kind of a pain in the butt but where you change the profibus node and the IO addressing is in 2 different areas.

To change the actuall addresses:
1. Goto your PLC project
2. Open "Distributed I/O"
3. Open "Device configuration"
4. The "Device Overview" window will open and the adress range will be in there.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Ignore the item highlighted in the image.

Profi_Address.jpg

Thanks for the help but I have found the problem.

The problem was that the slave wasn't assigned yet.
I thought it was enough to network the slave with the subnet of the master...
You have to assign the slave to the master by right clicking on the slave in Network view and then choose "assign to new master".
Now I can change all the I/O addresses.

Oh boy, I hate TIA portal... :(

Thank you guys!